26 July 2007

So I have a friend...

Ok... I'll wait for everyone to stop laughing.

So... one of my Supporters Seeking Membership (BACA hopeful) who's in the National Guard. He's also been having trouble finding a job outside the Guard. But he finally found THE position for him...

Teaching in Africa.

He's raving about the listed pay: something like $50K. More than he made in the sandbox during deployment. When I pointed out that he'd be getting shot at, without being able to shoot back, he listed out the procedure...

"Nope! There's nowhere in the listing that says you can't have a weapon! I'm bringing money, and buying an AK and a sidearm! I figure I'll teach 'em english, and maybe take out a warlord or two! Set me up to get into Blackwater! 'Hey... you taughht english in Africa... how's that helpful?' 'well... I taught 'em english, and we worked small unit tactics for extra credit!'"

My gawds... what a freak...

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Heh...tell him "good luck with that".

Anonymous said...

If this is who I think it is, his grasp on reality has occasionally been lacking in the past.

Mark said...

Why does this remind me of several classsmates of mine from Kemper Military School, who wanted me to join them in Costa Rica so they could well nevermind. forget I mentioned it, they still ight be down there.