05 September 2007

Continuing to take inspiration from others...

... I came across this post by Babs last night. Go read it: it's something everyone should pay attention to.

Remember: just because you read a lil' bit on someone's blog, does NOT give you the authority to make judgement calls on their life. That someone would feel the need to critique Babs' parenting skills or style, knowing nothing more than what they've read on her blog, frankly disgusts me...

I've read her son's blog: his not being n my blogroll has been an oversight (fixing that now). If what he's shown there is any indication of the job Babs has done, then I can only wish more parents were like her.

People may lead different lifestyles, or have different ways of doing things, different beliefs, different goals and expectations. Just because somebody is different from you, doesn't mean you should start preaching your "One True Way" at them...

No comments: