18 January 2009

The rest of the weekend...

Well... my thoughts of liveblogging feel through an alchoholic fog on Friday.

The day went well, with the opening ceremony and the start of the meeting. Things were smooth (except for some leg cramps: I have GOT to learn to be more patient, and avoid the stairs. Or get in better shape). The the evening arrived, and with it, Crown...

Would have been fine, except I just could NOT stop myself. I don't drink often, so I sometimes forget my limits. My big brother Horace did NOT help: he just HAD to mess with my reality, by apologizing for "teasing you about wearing a skirt".

Felt like I had slipped into Bizzaro world: HORACE, APOLOGIZING? Needed more alchohol...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woke up Saturday at 9... which is when the meeting was supposed to start. Managed to get up, dressed, and across the hotel in 5 minutes... still a lil' drunk. Spent most of the meeting trying to keep my stomach under control, and stay awake. Went back to bed afterward, and slept 'til 9...

The rest of the evening went fine: hung out with my brothers & sisters, listened to some great music (and some not so good karaoke), got a tour of the BACA Nation bus (if you haven't listened to 'em, hit www.bacanation.com), and just generally had fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't want to come home, except Spoon was here, not there. The trip home was uneventful: slept most of the way.

There were some... developments... at National, that will probably mentioned here as they come to fruition. Stay tuned!

No comments: