27 December 2008

Dipping into the sewers...

Now, as a general rule, I like to stay away from politics here. I argue about it pretty much everywhere else, so I try to keep this lil' corner clear.

Then I catch something like this, and all bets are off. Some snipits...

Caroline Kennedy said she was "surprised and dismayed" by her own voting record, after failing to cast her pick for the very Senate seat she now hopes to take over.


Anyone else having trouble wrapping their head around "dismayed at her own record"?

Kennedy offered no excuses for why she failed to vote in a number of elections since registering in New York City in 1988, including in 1994 when Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan was up for re-election as the state's senior senator.


She had gotten into Unca Teddy's secret stash?

"I was really surprised and dismayed by my voting record," she told the Associated Press. "I'm glad it's been brought to my attention."


Wait a sec: she's glad it's been brought to her attention? She didn't realize she wasn't voting? Isn't that kinda like not realizing you're not breathing?

In her first sit-down interview since she emerged as a Senate hopeful, the 51-year-old daughter of President John F. Kennedy said she has always pondered jumping into politics, but waited for the right moment.


Could I suggest maybe waiting a lil' longer, and doing it after you can keep track of what you're doing?

And the sad part is, she probably WILL get the seat...

No comments: