Ok...so Ambulance Driver has his lil' meme thing, and I figure "what the heck: I can do that!".
Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this?
Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things and add a copy of these rules. THEN, you need to choose 7 people to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
1.I'm currently unemployed. I ran the family business for about three years after mom died (and dad took off for Thailand), but it almost overcame me this past summer.
2. In addition to all the normal stuff I do (wait... I do normal stuff?), I play around with being a silversmith (doing mostly celtic knotwork).
3. While married (happily) to Spoon, I have two "girlfriends". Jules, who will be marrying her sweetheart next year (and whom Spoon is supposed to be standing up for), and Squeeker (who is my "Faire wife", keeping me out of trouble and making sure I eat and sleep). Never claimed I was your normal person...
4. Spoon and I live with another couple (my Chapter VP Ray and her husband), in a house that really ain't big enough. My computer (there are 4 in the house) is in the library (yes, we have the smallest room set up as an out-an'-out library).
5. I don't drink (much): a beer now and then, occasionally a sip of something harder. Last time I was even tipsy was last year at Faire (and that was just a warm feeling). Last time I was outright drunk was 6 years ago. Last alcohol I had was last weekend (a sip of butter rum). If you want a REALLY wild party animal, I'm not the guy you're looking for.
6. I'm a voracious reader... for fun. So long as I'm just doing it for entertainment, I can read almost anything nonstop (although I prefer sci-fi or fantasy). Used to get in trouble in school for reading ahead in textbooks (reading class, social studies, history, science). Now, I just get yelled at by Spoon for reading when I should be doing dishes... ;)
7. Unlike most stereotypical bikers, I don't ride a Hog: I ride a POS Honda Goldwing that was made when I was 4, and was previously owned by a mental incompetent with delusions of mechanical ability. In the two years I've owned the 'Potomus (short for "Hondapotomus"), I have:
-rewired the lights
-removed the stereo, as it was powered via an ungrounded extension cord
-replaced the drive shaft
-rewired the lights (again)
-rewired the starter switch from the handlebars to the fairing (using a flip-covered toggle switch)
-rebuilt the front calipers
-rewired the lights (again)
-now rebuilding the front master cylinder
One day, I'll have a real bike...
Ok... that's it for personal info. No more for you!