20 March 2007

Dreams

Now, I'm not talking about "What I want to be when I grow up", or "I'd like to be able to buy Spoon her MP-5". I'm referring to those lil' snippets while you sleep, that make you wonder when you wake up "what drugs did my folks feed me when I was a baby?"...

So I wake up: having almost forgotten daylight savings time, I've slept a little later than I expected. Gotta get up: the Chapter's gonna be here soon, as we have an adoption today. Get dressed, and duck outside for my morning smoke. Talking to my roomie, and I relate the following:

"Yeah... It was kinda weird: I walk into Mc Donald's, and the Happy meal toys are plush High Road members"...

Then I watch as my roomie tries hacking up a lung: he was laughing so hard, he started coughing...

Where does my brain come up with this stuff?

Then there was Spoon, way back when we lived with my inlaws: she sits up, leans off over the bed with an exclamation of "OOPSIE!", and starts puttering around...

"What's wrong love?"

"I dropped the Jello... You tied it too tight to the spoon!"

By the way: NEVER laugh at someone talking in their sleep. She was still pissed the next day, even though she couldn't remember why...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, no more Greg the Bunny for you.