24 January 2008

Surviving amongst 600+ bikers

Well... I made it back from the BACA National Convention. Let me give you my impressions.

First off, when you put 600+ bikers into one hotel, you're guaranteed a party. And we had one, every night of the event. Amazingly though, we had very few problems with the partiers: BACA members are unusually well-behaved in public.

Not to say there weren't a few issues, just that they were handled quickly, and didn't cause major disruptions.

Got to meet some really cool, dedicated folks. Finally got to meet our founder, JP "Chief" Lily (after he had the State Rep from Texas, Willow, poke me to "make sure I was alive" in the board meeting). Good times!

Of course, how did I spend my time?

When not in the board meeting, I was usually on security.

Also got to meet somebody from the shooting boards. Bogie, if you're reading this, thanks again for coming by (and bringing all that stuff: we'll work things out for next year).

Some important things: there's been a new "about BACA" video produced. It's not available yet, but I'll post a link when it finally shows up on the website. If you can watch it without feeling something, you have no soul. We also discussed plans for "Camp BACA": a camp where our kids can go and just be kids. I'm not sure when it's going to happen, but it's a case of "when", not "if"

Bylaws were amended, issues were discussed. And a great time was had by all.

Now back to the business of running this great state.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh... the great job opportunity I have? I could use a little help. If any of y'all know of a bike-related business in your area that would be interested in advertising in the Wisconsin market, let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I'm still looking for co-conspirators to deliver a couple packages for me (one in Louisiana, one in Texas). PLEASE don't make me find someone in BACA to help: I'm sure the recipients would rather receive their "presents" at home, rather than work...

2 comments:

KurtP said...

Where in Texas? I;m in the San Antonio area.

Mark said...

And I'm down by Corpus Christi. Lemme know if I can help.