21 November 2007

Sorry for the absence...

Life has been... hectic. Short version(s):

-We're working on having a float in the Thanksgiving Parade here in Manty: this is our second year. Last year's float, due to poor planning and execution, literally fell apart at the last minute... resulting in the Chapter marching. This year, by gawd, thing's will go better (I'll post pics Thursday or Friday). So far, I've covered the trailer with batting ("snow"), created two "white glue and glitter" signs (one thanking the company that donated the truck and trailer, and one reading "riding in a winter wonderland"), mounted signs over the wheel wells... I REALLY hope there's more of us next year to work on this...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-I broke down and bought an iPod. Used, on Evilbay. Got all excited, and spent a few days transferring CDs over to the hard drive in anticipation. Thing arrived on Monday: I plugged it in and... nothing.

ok... dig around on the web, and find a piece of software that I might need. load it and... nothing.

Reboot the computer (it HAD asked if I wanted to reboot). And...

Blue Screen of Death

Several hours later, after breaking down and reloading Winders, I was back up (not totally: I'm STILL reloading software). And a couple friends offered to help with the iCrap.

Nada... nothing... zip. Seller claims it was working before he sent it, so I'm saying "died in shipping". And of course, he hasn't responded since I sent the email saying "No dude: it dead". We'll see how THAT pans out...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Ahh yes... BACA news. Having some trouble getting certain folks to get back in touch with me, so we can get a count for our Holiday Party and State BoD Meeting. This one has me pulling my hair out: communication has always been a problem in this state, everybody agrees that it's been a problem, but nobody wants to work on correcting it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Squeeker took me to see the Crucible last weekend. Staged by the local college. VERY well done! just wish I could actually get out to see more stage productions...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all that, on top of our normal extra helping of drama, has been kinda keeping me away from here. i promise I'll try to do better...

Oh... Heller. The USSC has agreed to hear the case. I'm half joyful (there hasn't ever really been a clear USSC ruling on the Second Amendment), and half terrified (they could totally screw us over). But at least they're gonna finally (maybe) make a ruling on the damned Amendment's meaning!

No comments: