07 September 2012

Gotta love football players

Anyone that knows me, knows I personally despise professional sports. I absolutely refuse to pay any attention to what someone paid obscene amounts of money to play a damn game has to say about most issues in life.

So imagine my surprise to read this lil gem.

Lemmie break it down. Seems that a player for the Baltimore team made a statement in support of gay marriage. And one of the local politicritters, in response, sent a letter to the team management to try and stifle this player's right to speak his mind.

So far, so oppressive? Well, it seems a player from Minnesota took umbrage at the 'critter, and sent a letter of his own. Let me quote some of my favorite parts:
The views you espouse neglect to consider several fundamental key points, which I will outline in great detail (you may want to hire an intern to help you with the longer words):...

It baffles me that a man such as yourself, a man who relies on that same First Amendment to pursue your own religious studies without fear of persecution from the state, could somehow justify stifling another person's right to speech. To call that hypocritical would be to do a disservice to the word. Mindfucking obscenely hypocritical starts to approach it a little bit...

They won't magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster...


Read the whole thing: almost makes me a Viking's fan...






No comments: