02 December 2007

Comments from yesterday...

After yesterday's post, there was a comment or two. I thought I'd address them openly, where everyone (all three of ya) sees 'em...

Mark said:

We can save the need for a trial, just lock those two up with the hard lifers and let it be known what they did to that poor child. there is no level of hell low enough for these two.


I agree... there IS no level of Hell low enough. The saddest part is, there are LOADS of people who pull shit like this, and get away with it. Yet there are people who just give a (much deserved) spanking, and have their kids yanked away.

The big question (and it's all over our criminal justice system), is how do we balance between the two extremes?

Asphyxiated Emancipation said:

I just look at that little face, and I see my own daughter....
This is why I want to start a BACA chapter where I live, to try and keep these things from happening...
I read stuff like this, and I alternate between soul wrenching sadness, and white hot rage.


I know how you feel, bro. It's even more fun when you're there, trying to help these kids: what you hear makes you SERIOUSLY want to hurt someone, and you have to hide it completely. Showing anger in front of a child, gets interpreted by said child as them being the cause. So you swallow your anger, smile while you're with 'em, and rant at your chapter's designated therapist* for awhile...

The part that hurts the most though, is knowing that there was NOTHING that you could have done to save this one. She was so young, living with her abuser, and it happened that fast. I do NOT like being powerless, but we are in these cases.



*some Chapters use an actual therapist, some will call a member from another Chapter. With us, my mom-in-law takes care of our sanity. Gotta admit, my mom-in-law rocks (and has kept me from going out "hunting" more than once)

No comments: