22 August 2007

The Honeymoon

So... heard a story a few years ago, about the origin of the term "Honeymoon". Seems that, in a more civilized time, there was a tradition for one of the parents to provide a newly wedded couple honey for a month's worth of meade. Hence, the term "honey-moon"...

Y'all might ask why I bring this up. Seems someone decided to pull a fast one.

Go here, then here.

AD and Babs: all joking aside, I wish y'all nothing but the best. And, should you decide to tie the knot, give me a year's warning (and a favorite fruit): I'll provide the meade*... ;)





*this is an honest offer: you get married, y'all get one carboy (five gallons) of my homebrew. Don't drink it all at once.

3 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Thanks, Strings.

Give it about three years, and we'll start making plans. ;)

CrankyProf said...

My favorite fruit is Graham Norton.

What can you do with that?

Unknown said...

you homebrew? hmm! how do you classify your finished product?

-MM