25 April 2007

Cruel and Unusual?

Via CNN:

(AP) -- The drugs used to execute prisoners in the United States sometimes fail to work as planned, causing slow and painful deaths that probably violate constitutional bans on cruel and unusual punishment, a new medical review of dozens of executions concludes... (the rest of the article)

Ok... call me a neanderthal, but my give-a-damn is busted on this one. You're found guilty of a heinous crime (which are about the only ones they execute for anymore), suck sustenance for years off the taxpayer teat while you mount endless appeals, and I'm supposed to feel bad that you might still be conscious while your body shuts down via lethal injection?

Sorry folks: I took my give-a-damn in when it first broke years ago, and it was just too frelling expensive to fix.

1 comment:

Mr. Fixit said...

Whatever happend to hanging 'em in the town square at noon?

Cruel my butt.